Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Too many people...

Okay, I'm a people person -- I like people. Like being around them, watching them, getting to know them, listening to them, etc.

HOWEVER...

There is a point where too many people make an otherwise enjoyable time not so enjoyable. This was definitely the case at the zoo yesterday. I got there and was like "Holy Crap" as we drove up. We were like the 10th car in line, just to turn into the parking lot. I have a zoo membership and we go at least once a month if not more and I've NEVER seen it like that. I guess it was just spring break families, but I think the fact that it was also over 60 degrees for the first time in a while after some snow got everyone excited to be outside. I do have to say that it was PERFECT weather wise for a trip to the zoo.

So, we finally park at the very far corner of the lowest level of the parking lot, wait like 5-10 min. for the elevator and get up to the gates. The longest I've ever waited in line at the members window was like 3 people. I waited in line for 10 minutes. Mitchell was GREAT. I was so scared he was going to run off and it was just a mess of people. He stood right next to me and held my hand the whole time. (Thank you Lord, for small miracles.)

Of course, I need to point out, this is the environment I chose for my first ever non-store related outing with the two of them by myself. Just my luck!! It was fine but instead of a leisurely stroll through the zoo with our friends, we constantly had to keep yelling at the kids to stay with us, and navigate through more strollers and wagons than I cared to see. The wait in line for tickets to ride the carousel and train was 5 minutes, the wait to ride each of the rides was 10 minutes. Not bad, I know, but it's not Disneyland, it's the Denver Zoo!! It was just crazy.

Luckily, we made it until about 5 minutes before we left without behavior issues and then we just started having a nap-needing mini meltdown. Didn't want to walk, didn't want me to carry him, didn't want to ride in the wagon with Hailey, didn't want to do anything. So, I ended up carrying him and pushing the stroller up this huge hill. Not fun - but hey, a good workout, I guess.

Anyway, I'm glad so many people were able to enjoy the day at the zoo, but I would say I just survived it. Oh, and NO WAY am I going to Disneyland until she's in kindergarten!!

No comments: