Thursday, March 30, 2006

A literal mountain...

of laundry. Seriously. It was piled on top of our tall, cylinder basket halfway up the wall. Another pile on the floor next to it, and yet another full basket downstairs.

How in the world does that happen? There are only 4 of us!! I think we just have been so busy running around that we've changed our clothes a lot. Plus we had several poopy incidents this week, and I changed all of our sheets. Still...that's a LOT of clothes. I don't mind doing laundry, but that was a daunting task. It took me 45 minutes just to sort it all. I have 3 of the 6 HUGE loads done, 3 more staring me in the face today. I'll win -- I'm a woman on a mission now.

Sigh.

I still need to dust, vacuum, clean the bathrooms, do the floors, and clean the oven. When? Not sure. This weekend probably. There just isn't enough time in the day and the weather's been so nice that I haven't wanted us to stay cooped up in here. What's the poem that goes around by Erma Bombeck -- the dishes can wait, I chose to spend time with my kids instead? That's my inspiration.

I think I'm making the right choice -- it just makes coming home to a mess a little difficult. Oh well, it's one or the other!!

No comments: