Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Little guy...

My Mitchell is the sweetest boy. I know that he has his moments, and he has a temper (hmmm, where would he have inherited that from???), but his spirit really is so dang sweet.

Today he woke up from his nap when the phone rang -- I have to figure out how to turn the ringer off on our new phone upstairs -- and came downstairs. I could tell he was still really sleepy so I turned on Sesame Street and we just snuggled under a blanket on the sofa together. (Georgia was asleep in the pack n play.) He was laying there and just cupping my face in his hand. Every once in awhile he'd kiss me on the cheek. Then, out of nowhere he turns to me and says "I love you very much, Mommy. You're great." **melt**

Come on! That's the SWEETEST thing and I will just have to remind myself of exactly who he is next time he's trying to smack me during a tantrum! :) He is such a good boy and luckily he's bought into all of our praise and encouragement about being a good boy and making good choices this week. Seems to be motivating him. Tantrums and fits are still here, but not as often and not lasting NEARLY as long. If we leave him alone, he just needs a few minutes to calm down and gather himself. (Plus, save a little face, I'm sure.)

Anyway -- feel like I've only rambled about Georgia, her pregnancy, her arrival, blah blah blah. I really am appreciating the sweet, sweet boy that we have at home. He's a blessing and I can't believe I'm lucky enough to be his mommy. I just love him to pieces. He's spending the night at my inlaws tonight and I'm teary right now because I miss him. It's too quiet!

No comments: