Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Everyone is so different...

I know, way to go Captain Obvious! But seriously, people are SOOOO different. I was just thinking about that on my way home from my prenatal water aerobics class tonight. We got into a discussion (can't remember how it even started) about women dressing provocatively, which led to women that you (as a woman) don't trust, which led to women and men who are married but cheat. One of the women said that previously, her husband had worked with a woman that was rumored to be boinking the boss. (The woman I know and her husband had since moved away, but he kept in touch with her.) Well, apparently she was sued by another person in the company because she got a promotion, while the suing person got passed over, even though it appeared it should be the other way around. She was feeding this "victim" story to this guy (the woman from class - her hubby) that she was just really misunderstood. So they get closer and sure enough, this woman checks her phone records and discovers that when she's going to the gym with the kids, he's calling the trampy lady. She didn't ever say anything about her discovery. At one point, she even wakes up at like midnight after they've both gone to bed, gets up to go to the restroom, discovers that he's not in bed, and goes to see why he's up. She hears him on the phone, so she listens to the conversation from his end and discovers that not only is he talking to this woman, he's having phone sex with her!!! SHE NEVER SAID ANYTHING TO HIM ABOUT IT. Okay...totally NOT what my reaction would be, but whatever. It gets worse, if you can believe that. So, I guess that this little trampy "victim" comes into town where they're now living for the weekend and he goes to spend time with her since he's her "friend" and comes home at like 3 in the morning. SHE STILL NEVER SAID ANYTHING. I guess that her friends still lived in the previous town and worked at the company and called to talk to her because they were concerned about her hubby's relationship with her and that they felt she was stringing him along. That's all she talked to him about...what her friends said. Nothing about what she herself knew. Unbelievable.

I don't know..maybe it's because of the experiences I've had before, maybe it's because I'm just a different person with a completely different personality, but there is NO WAY on God's green earth that I'd even let the calls while I'm out EVERY night go without a little chat. Beyond that, catching him having phone sex with her in the middle of the night??? Ummmm...no. Don't think so. And to top that whole thing off by allowing him to spend time with her while she's in town WITHOUT ME there??? I'm sorry...but him coming home at 3 in the morning is what I would expect as an outcome, personally. If they have phone sex, why else do you think she came to town but for some live, in-person sex???!!! Goodness. Oh, and for the record...this trashy victim lady ended up leaving her own husband (oh yeah, she was married as well) and running away with the boss after all.

I just was thinking about all of that on my drive home and how completely different people are. Not just how this woman failed to stick up for herself and her kids and hold her idiot husband accountable for his own behavior, but also how completely selfish and disgusting some people's lives are. I just will never understand treating other people that way. Having been on the receiving end of being cheated on while married (obviously NOT Chris), I think it's one of the most disrespectful, disgusting and loathsome things you can do.

The good news about all of this is that it confirmed to me what a great husband and overall solid marriage I have. I think that the trust and love and communication that Chris and I have is something I easily take for granted. Even though I've been through enough crap before that I really should never do that, I do. Well, tonight I got a little shot in the arm of feeling REALLY good about my own self-respect, the level of mutual respect in my marriage, and how incredibly lucky I am to be married to Chris. He's definitely the best friend I've ever had and I can honestly say that I am more in love with him every day. He's a wonderful husband and a completely fantastic father.

By the way...our 4th anniversary is in 2 weeks. Feels like it should be our 14th!! :) I love my husband. Let's end on that happy note.

No comments: