Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Run, Run, Run

How do I manage to get so busy? I swear -- my life is just passing me by and I'm too busy to realize it. I blink and it's Wednesday. Blink again and it's Mid-May. What in the world?? Wasn't it just February? Wasn't it just Saturday? I can't keep up.

I always end up filling my calendar and then wishing I hadn't but it's a double-edged sword. I have many people I enjoy spending time with and that the kids enjoy seeing. In order to see them, you have to actually make an effort and get together. Then, there's M's school, there's my clients, family obligations on the weekends, working for my mom, running errands, MOPS, etc. It's just crazy. There seem to be a lot more showers, weddings, birthdays, reunions, parties, etc. this year than before. Maybe it's just that I'm more in tune with how hectic the pace of my life has become but I don't know.

I think it's a good problem to have -- better to be busy and active and stimulated (especially for the kids) than to be sitting around bored with nowhere to go, no one to see and nothing to do. I do cherish quiet days though and they seem to be few and far between these days. I think the key is to make a huge effort to slow down when I know I need to -- the hard part is saying no to things. That's really hard for me.

Okay, off to do laundry before I go to my mom's to work. Oh, and I need to make a list of what to pack for our weekend trip and....

hee hee

No comments: