Monday, April 16, 2007

Kinda scary when your 4 year old is smarter than you...

Last weekend, we were getting ready to go celebrate Easter at my brother-in-law's house and Mitchell wanted to go play with his toys from his Easter basket. My husband told him he needed to finish his breakfast first, and then he could go play. He said "okay" and sat down to finish his waffle. A few minutes later, he asked me "Mommy, would you like some waffle?" I politely declined, so he moved onto my husband. (He's into giving us bites of his food, so this is nothing new.) My husband actually accepted his waffle offer, and Mitchell stood by with a big smile on his face watching his Daddy eat. When my hubby had finished chewing, he said "Are you done, Daddy?" My husband nodded that he was and said "Thanks, buddy."

Mitchell then said "Great, then I'm done with my breakfast!" As we stood there laughing at ourselves, he happily ran into the living room to play with his new toys.

Seriously -- how did we not see that one coming?

1 comment:

The Stressed Momma said...

ROTF! That is classic! Write that one down for him Tara!